dba_temp_file vs v$tempfile

From: raja rao <raja4list_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 01:24:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

A datafile (temp file of precise tool) has been deleted from os lelel without dropping from database.

When I query the dba_temp_files it is showing: ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01157: cannot identify/lock data file 607 - see DBWR trace file ORA-01110: data file 607: '/bio/u01/precise_i3_orcl_or_tmp_01.dbf'

where as when I query v$tempfile, it is showing the file names properly without any error. Can someone explain me what is this strage behaviour.

Thanks ,
Raj

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Oct 13 2005 - 03:26:12 CDT