Re: oracle client installation

From: Sinardy <all_about_oracle_at_hotpop.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:00:39 +0800

You need help from your System Administrator.

You need to install third party software, this software allow you to shared the file accross the network (just like windows when you allow others to map to one of the centrelize folder).

After above achive you install oracle client on that path, for each clients just restore the configuration file and set the the user profile to point to that folder

If I am not wrong the software should be TRALALA also distributed by Sun

  hi folks,

  One of my development group want oracle 9i rel 2 client on 5 solaris systems but they don want to install oracle client on all the system. Is there any way by which we can use one oracle binary to other systems. What I mean is say I have installed oracle client on PC1 and rest PC2..PC4 should be in a position to use sqlplus and other features of oracle from their system. How to do this?????????

  TIA   --
  Thanks & Regards,
  T. Onkar Nath
  OneAPPS Enterprise Technology Pvt. Ltd.