Re: I need study material for Oracle 10g new features for 8i OCPs

From: Jason Heinrich <jheinrich_at_pcci.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:47:08 -0500

I passed this exam at OpenWorld. I couldn't find any materials specific to this exam either, so I used the Sybex "Oracle 10g New Features for Administrators" book. One of the ladies working in the OCP lounge told me that the 9i to 10g upgrade exam, for which this book was written, covered about 70% of the material on the 8i to 10g exam. It would also help to review a 9i New Features book, and have some experience working with 9i, to cover that other 30%.

On 10/12/2005 7:11 AM, Mailing Lists wrote:

> Hello
>
> Can people please recommend some training materials for the new(ish)
> upgrade exam titled 'Oracle Database 10g DBA New Features for Oracle8i
> OCPs':
>
> http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_i
> d=41&p_org_id=1001&lang=US&p_exam_id=1Z0_045
>

> Having not taken an OCP exam for a few years, is the manual the best
> source of study? Seeing as this exam is a straight jump from 8i to 10g,
> I was wondering if anyone else has taken this exam and what did you use
> for study?
>
> Thanks

Jason Heinrich
Oracle Database Administrator