Re: First install under windows

From: Chirag DBA <chiragdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:04:37 -0400

John,
 If you are using DBCA tool, its quite easy and everything will be done by the interactive tool.
 Manually you are required to create the service and p/w file .  If you use DBCA once, n then see in control panel--> Administrative tools--> services,
you will see many services created by oracle.  sid service,listener n others.
 you can create sid servce with the help of ORADIM utility.  for further , go to dos prompt and hit oradim,orapwd for detailed help. Let me know if anything detailed required. regards - chirag