RE: Unable to create SPFILE.

From: Marquez, Chris <cmarquez_at_collegeboard.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:11:53 -0400

Sorry meant to say;

SQL> startup pfile ='/[your changed pfile]';
SQL> show parameter audit
SQL> create spfile='.....' from pfile='....';
SQL> shutdown;
SQL> startup spfile ='/[your new spfile]';
SQL> show parameter audit

If this is a bug or feature this will show it.

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org on behalf of Chirag DBA Sent: Wed 10/12/2005 9:45 AM
To: Oracle-L Freelists
Subject: Unable to create SPFILE.

I have started my Database with pfile and now want to create spfile.  I am using create spfile='location' from pfile;  When I see the audit parameters in pfile, it is AUDIT_TRAIL=DB, but in SPFILE it is showing as AUDIT_TRAIL=OS, set previously but changed now.
same with few other parameters.
I changed my init file, bounce DB with pfile and now creating spfile.  This is 9i with Solaris.
 regards - chirag