RE: RMAN 10G compression

From: <JayMiller_at_TDWaterhouse.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:59:15 -0400

Paula,

According the the Oracle RMAN class documentation you can't run a 9i database in a 10g catalog. I haven't actually tested this to confirm it though.

"The RMAN catalog schema version (meaning, the version of RMAN that created or updated the schema) should be equal or later than the catalog database version."

Thanks,
Jay Miller
Sr. Oracle DBA