RE: Oracle Security Blasted

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:51:08 -0400

Comments inline.

--

Mladen Gogala

Ext. 121

From: Niall Litchfield [mailto:niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com] Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 3:57 PM
To: stellr_at_cns.vt.edu
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: Oracle Security Blasted

I really had better caveat this by saying that although I live in the UK and have a similar name, I have no connection to David Litchfield (at least none I am aware of - it seems likely that we are at least distantly related).

[Mladen Gogala]

The comments from David Litcfield are very valid, if somewhat humorous. The one that I have in mind is:

"Push your vendor to tell you how they build their software and ask them if they train people on secure coding practices. "

With aforementioned outsourcing to Elbonia (a swampy country populated by small, bearded
men wearing coned hats, resembling recent pictures from New Orleans) such a comment is a
joke. What do you think they outsourced for? They outsourced to save money. They are not
going to train them, that would cut into the bottom line.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Oct 10 2005 - 09:59:33 CDT