RAC 10 on Solaris Cluster

From: <t_adolph_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:24:47 +0100

Hi all,

I have the task of installing a RAC 10g on a Solaris cluster.

The one-site DBA does not want to use ASM, but raw devices and is also not keen to install r2 as it is too new.

I do not have any up-to-date Solaris admin experience but there is an experienced person on site. Also I have only done the 9i RAC course and I know that 10g is quite a bit different, e.g. CRS (which I've read up on).

I have read many pages on the web and also ".. 10g Insider Solutions" Chtp 15 "Utilizing .. 10g RAC" which seems good. But I'd like to have a nice warm feeling when I go on-site to do the work so I'd like opinions:

-o- any decent step-by-step guides about for both CRS and/or RAC ?
-o- any "features" I should worry about?
-o- any configuration compatibility problems: the on-site DBA has mentioned some potential problem with the SunCluster versions, but I have no experience here.
-o- what do you think about r1 instead of r2?

Versions:
Solaris 9
Sun Cluster 3.1
Veritas 4