Re: *nix vs MS

From: Rodd Holman <Rodd.Holman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 11:39:36 -0500

Kip,
Telnet server service was available in W2K Server. It's a telnet (text only) access into the server. Can do anything that you can do at a command prompt on the server. For a DBA that means you can pretty much do everyting you need to. Yep, I believe your Windows SA's where holding out on you. Not sure if there are security issues with the w2k server telnet service or not. Might be why. I've only played a bit with it. Haven't used it in production, since, we use *nix for our real work here. ;-)

Rodd

--
Rodd Holman
Enterprise Data Systems Engineer