Suppress Logon Trigger for DBMS_JOB

From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 09:34:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

We have an after logon trigger on our database. This trigger also gets fired by DBMS_JOBs whenever they run which we don't want.

Is there a neat way to prevent this? I was thinking of checking V$SESSION.TYPE within the trigger to detect the BACKGROUND processes but it seems to be null at the time the trigger fires. Another option was to check V$SESSION.PROGRAM but this was getting messy. Any better ideas?

Thanks
Charlotte

PS. Oracle 9.2

Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 http://mail.yahoo.com