RE: resync

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 09:57:42 -0400

In this case it is. I have a RAC database on Solaris and I am maintaining two standby instances: one physical and one logical.

The latter one is called "reporting database". I've had all kinds of network calamities but my primary database was never hung.

If you have different experience, let's hear it, documented with OS and DB versions and the exact description. I cannot accept

patronizing tone on its own, without any additional arguments. In addition to that, to know how oracle works it is sometimes,

just sometimes, advisable to read the documentation.

--

Mladen Gogala

Ext. 121

From: zhu chao [mailto:zhuchao_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:27 AM To: Mladen Gogala
Cc: David Sharples; peterdixon001_at_hotmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: resync

Hi, Gogala,

   Oracle is not always working as documented, you know:).

   We did configure optional, and primary database archive process did hang and locked that redo log on primary.

   I have seen several cases like that.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Oct 05 2005 - 08:59:06 CDT