Re: Question for RMAN guru's

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 19:13:28 -0400

On 10/4/05, Hollis, Les <Les.Hollis_at_ps.net> wrote:

> The backup is online………
>
> It hasn't happened yet, we are starting the upgrade in about 2 hours………

Les,

Can you take a subset of that backup set (e.g. system, rbs, one app schema tablespace's datafiles) and restore/recover that using the newer version as a test?

Sorry that I can't be of more help, as I didn't use rman until 9.2. I don't even have any 8.1.7 databases around anymore - I was glad to get rid of them.

Paul

--
#/etc/init.d/init.cssd stop
# f=ma, divide by 1, convert to moles.