RE: Swap space requirements on 10g installs - must it really equal

From: Dougie McGibbon <DMcGibbon_at_tollnz.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 08:10:26 +1300

I think it's one of those "safe" values. I ran across this too and our linux box has 7Gb RAM, but just left swap at around 3Gb and it ran fine.

The statement is probably based around a minimum Oracle config and is set to ensure Oracle will install in such a config. Of course, trying to get a definitive answer to "Why" from Oracle may take you some time :-)

Dougie McGibbon