Re: Change username in DBA_USERS

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 19:14:48 +0200

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:7572911208931976686::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:30020192108317

Regards,
Dimitre

  I am unable to find the page you are looking of TOM Kyte. Can u send me the URL?

  I was trying cause I knew someone has done this in past. just forgot the "HOW" portion.

  Now the question is what will be the affect of doing this. I didn even find anythinng about this in trace file.

  Is this the simple update for Oracle like any other schema. No way.

  Regards - Chirag

  On 10/1/05, Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com> wrote:     There should be a reason for Tom Kyte's answer :O)

    <quote>
I'm surprised Tom let the one about updating the sys.user$ table slip by without any chiding. Wouldn't that be a strict no-no anyways?

Kashif