Re: problem running dbca

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:18:21 +0000

On 04/29/2005 03:37:42 AM, Vitalis Jerome wrote:

>=20

> Neat tip!
> I'm just wondering: regarding these steps, is there a need for the
> line "unset LANG" in any shell? I don't think so but I may be
> overlooking something?

Jerome, GLIBC in 9.0 had a problem with NLS. The default setting was utf8.u= s_EN and it has=20
caused numerous problems, not just with Java. Furthermore, oracle uses Java=  1.1.8 for
installing stuff and we are on 1.5 right now. LD_ASSUME_KERNEL will make Ja= va engine forgo
all the latest, greatest and the buggiest stuff.

--=20
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA