Re: procedure call with multiple children

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:01:17 +0100

The call looks like this:

call package.procedure(:1,:2)

As you can see, it uses 2 parameters which are bound via bind variables.

And we would have 400+ versions of this sql, but only 50-ish rows in v$sql_shared_cursor.

And why would we have 400+ versions of this exact same procedure call.

FYI:=20
cursor_sharing is FORCE
9i database

--=20

Christo Kutrovsky
Database/System Administrator
The Pythian Group

Given that you have cursor_sharing = force, can you confirm that the call is with REAL bind variables and not system-generated bind variables - viz: :"SYS_B_0" and :"SYS_B_1". Also, what language are you using to call the procedure ?

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/ind_faq.html The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html Public Appearances - schedule updated April 5th 2005