Re: LOCALLY MANAGED EXTENT PERFORMANCE

From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:07:25 +0100

Hi,

One more performance-related thing with relying purely on autoextend is, that if your segments need to allocate a new extent and has to extend the datafile for it, then your session has to wait until the datafile is resized before it can use any blocks of this new extent. There are quite a few systems for which those even few-second hangs are unacceptable or should be avoided.

Tanel.