Re: optimizer_ ???

From: Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini_at_trivadis.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:34:50 +0200

Niall

>Ah yes, indeed I have just such an example in my recent blog on oic
>and oica (it was oica that had a similar effect for us) :) The
>original question though was after an example of improved performance
>rather than changed plans

Mhmm... I don't understand... if the execution plan doesn't change, how = to get better performance?
Ok, one possibility, for a query with a large number of predicates, it's = to tweak the order in which they are executed. But this has nothing to do with OIC. The idea behind OIC is simply to = adjust the cost of nested loops and therefore to say to the CBO that is = has to use more/less nested loops. (since the default is 0, the original = idea is to favor them)

Chris