Re: Truncate Privilege

From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:53:44 -0700 (PDT)

you probably have to give drop any table privilege sine oracle does not have a truncate table priv(truncate is a ddl). but if you want to be secure.
create pl/sql procedute that userscan use to truncate specific tables. "Burton, Laura" <BurtonL_at_frmaint.com> wrote: Can someone tell me what privilege is needed for a user to truncate a table that is not owned by that user?

I have looked at Metalink and it states the Drop Any Table privilege, but this doesn't work either. The user can select, insert, and even delete from the table. =20

Thank you, Laura

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Apr 25 2005 - 11:58:03 CDT