RE: optimizer_ ???

From: Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:31:16 -0500

OK, this just made me of something else we need (someone at @oracle.com watching I hope).

select /*+PARAMETER optimizer_max_permutations=3D20 optimizer_index_caching=3D80 optimizer_index_cost_adj=3D20 */   from blah where foo=3D123;

This would allow us to tweak session variables at the SQL statement level. Currently we have to use some sort of triggering event to determine which sessions might be about to run the SQL and then use that event to set the parameters at the session level. I like the method above much better.