RE: rm RULE based optimizer != GOOD IDEA

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:27:01 -0400

Wait a minute. You say that they *do* regression testing? Are you sure? Have you seen the list of bugs?

Maybe they only do *gression* testing - you know - a half-assed job.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On
Behalf Of Post, Ethan

If there really is significant QA/Testing/Development that has to be done to maintain the RBO then I understand but I would like to know the "truth" about
the matter. If the truth is that maintaining the RULE hint isn't all that more
complicated than maintaining the USE_HASH hint then I would like to see it stay.
Recall, my argument is that Oracle only maintain the hint at the SQL statement
level and that it does not need to be supported.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Apr 22 2005 - 13:31:15 CDT