RE: Backup RMAN on disk and tape at the same time

From: Marquez, Chris <CMarquez_at_aarp.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:24:34 -0400

Every time we rolled in a new machine the DBA's would=20 gather in a circle and hold hands in a moment of since to ask for strength as we once again configured a fresh=20 install of the MML. Oh yes we documented the process=20 but always something would come up...lots of moving parts.

Lots of "conceptual" and "logical" differences between what=20 the MML considers a backup and what Oracle considers a backup=20 and who owns it. This is further magnified in a RAC environment.

I have to agree with Steven...would not trade RMAN for the world.

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA
HEYMONitor(tm) - heymonitor.com
"Oracle Monitoring & Alerting Solution"