Re: Log switch Not taking place - db hangs

From: zhu chao <zhuchao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:44:54 +0800

If I were you, I will check:

1. Metalink. See any known issues. Like necessary os patch/oracle bug.
2. Tusc to see what the system call lgwr/arch is doing that time.
3. CHeck os log to see if anything abnormal.
4. see v$session_wait.
5. try archive log stop; archive log start to try re-post the archive proce=
ss.

On 4/22/05, stephen booth <stephenbooth.uk_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/22/05, GovindanK <gkatteri_at_fastmail.fm> wrote:
> > Of late we ran into this problem. For some vague reasons the log switch
> > does not take place and the system hangs.=3D20

>=20

> Have you checked it's not a case of LGWR catching up with ARCH so it
> has to wait for ARCH to release a log group before it can overwrite
> it?
>=20

> Stephen
>=20

> --=3D20
> It's better to ask a silly question than to make a silly assumption.
>=20

--=20
Regards
Zhu Chao