RE: Regular Expression confusion - workaround found

From: William B Ferguson <wbfergus_at_usgs.gov>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:20:45 -0600

Well, it really seems like an unneccesary way to to do it, but I did find a workaround.

I wrapped a replace statement around the regexp_replace and I was able to get rid of the pesky hyphen that way. I guess I'll try and get the issue resolved through MetaLink on why it's not working as I expect it would with the regexp_replace, or what I was doing wrong.

Bill Ferguson
U.S. Geological Survey - Minerals Information Team PO Box 25046, MS-750
Denver, Colorado 80225
Voice (303)236-8747 ext. 321 Fax (303)236-4208

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Apr 21 2005 - 09:23:54 CDT