Re: tempspace usage

From: jame tong <jametong_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:07:58 +0800

comment in line.

On 4/20/05, Yongping Yao <yaoyongping_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, some statements cannot be tuned more. In our design, these kind
> of operations are rare (delete the duplicate rows and due to the load
> speed we do not use unique index). But I did use them these days since
> the application did something wrong :(
if your table is very big , then use partition table will be a must. then you can use exchange partition to minimize the undo with it. delete from a big table is a bad idea.

> And by the way, SMON clean the undo tablespace? It also has some
> delay. Some transanctions are commited and they still occupy the undo
> space. Can it be solved? Or just add more space to the undo
> tablespace?

if you have a undo tablespace that extended beyond your control. then create a new undo tablespace . and change the undo tablespace online may be a better solution than to wait the SMON to clean then undo tablespace.

within my technical scope. if there were no other transaction request the undo from the undo tablespace , oracle will not release this undo segment.