RE: branding or versioning forms and reports

From: Reidy, Ron <Ron.Reidy_at_arraybiopharma.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:59:41 -0600

Why not use CVS or Subversion. You can put the tag '$Revision$ into all = your forms. You can then use strings and grep to get the revision = number (use the cygwin tools if you are not running this on *nix).

The best part is ... CVS and Subversion are free. I'll bet SCM is not. = Why pay for a technology when you do not have to?

--

Ron Reidy
Lead DBA