Re: sqlldr and db file sequential read

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:36:52 +0100

On 4/20/05, John Dunn <jdunn_at_sefas.com> wrote:

> I am having performance problems with a sqlldr director path load and
> examination of v$session_event shows many db file sequential read waits.
>
> Any ideas on tuning this, or is this purely a system I-O issue?

db_file_sequential_read is a single block read (no that isn't a typo) and so is usually associated with index access. If you are doing large loads you can set the indexes unusable and then rebuild in parallel after the load. I'm assuming 9i here (I don't think set unusable was available in 8).

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA