Re: sqlplus shutdown "time-out"

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 23:31:41 +0200

Raj:

Event 10165 will not work in this situation. It will not kill the active sessions which are doing something important. Event 10165 just works in Shutdown normal when the idle sessions (like OEM) blocking the shutdown normal. I think this event is introduced to overcome the OEM sessions blocking the shutdown. Just my understanding, have not tested that.

Basically the shutdown process waits and polls every 5 minutes for the active calls and increments the counter. Once the counter reaches 12 (or 60 minutes) if the instance is not down, it just updates the alert log and comes out of the shutdown process.

On 4/19/05, rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> KG,

>=20
> What about using on-logon trigger to set event 10165 in sessions so they =
can
> be easily 'aborted'? Any drawbacks to using this event?

>=20

> Raj

>=20

--=20