RE: DBMS_JAVA.GRANT_PERMISSION

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:40:20 -0400

Ron,
=09
I did not say the "correct approach", but that there must be "good reason" for it. I've an application developer who wants to deviate from the default & am looking for any experience/good reasons that says we should not.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Goulet, Dick Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 7:51 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: DBMS_JAVA.GRANT_PERMISSION

Has anyone out there ever had to grant permission for LoadLibrary? There's a Metalink document, Note:259471.1, on how to do it, but are there any downsides? I take the approach that if Oracle set this up as default behavior there is good reason for it. Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA

information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended=20
to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the=20
intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution=20
sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Apr 19 2005 - 10:44:28 CDT