Q: RAC and non-RAC databases on same servers

From: Haroon A. Qureshi <haroon_at_qureshi.name>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:28:33 -0500

greetings,

we would like to implement RAC but have an issue with one application that is not RAC certified. can we have RAC and non-RAC databases on the same servers? we are currently running HP ServiceGuard for failover.

my opinion is that we can, out of separate oracle homes (one RAC enabled and one not). we would also need to take the RAC enabled databases out of the cluster package so that only the non-RAC databases would failover using the cluster.

does anyone see any issues with this approach? any that i maybe overlooking?

thanks in advance,
haroon