RE: Multiple DBs per Server and OEM

From: Herring Dave - dherri <Dave.Herring_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:32:44 -0500

Howard,

That'd be cool if it worked, but I don't think you can pass parameters between multiple Tasks within a job. If I understand correctly what you're saying, I should create 2 tasks - Run DBA Script and Run OS Command. Within the first I'd SELECT instance FROM v$instance. That value would then need to be passed to the Run OS Command task. I'm pretty
new as this so I have no idea how to pass parameters between Tasks. Any clue?

P.S. Yup, cron would solve this and it's what I previously used for OEM. I guess I figured for consistency I'd try to manage everything via OEM. Apparently what makes sense to me isn't always true for Oracle. :-)

Dave

Dave Herring, DBA
Acxiom Corporation
3333 Finley