RE: Multiple DBs per Server and OEM

From: <Peter.Hitchman_at_thomson.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:46:35 +0100

Hi,
As a stab in the dark, have you tried echoing "$@" in the ksh script to = see it OEM is passing any parameters?

Regards

Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Herring Dave - dherri Sent: 12 April 2005 14:29
To: Oracle-L_at_Freelists. Org (E-mail)
Subject: Multiple DBs per Server and OEM

Does anyone use OEM to run jobs against a server that contains multiple = DBs?
I have a server that has 2 databases on it and a need to run a job via = OEM
against both databases. The job is a mixture of O/S commands and SQL, = so I
created a ksh script to perform the work, then created a job within OEM = as a
database job, assigned both databases to it, under "Tasks" I chose "Run = OS
Command" and under "Parameters" I listed out the ksh script in the = command
section. My thought was that the job in OEM would run twice, with $ORACLE_SID set differently based on the database assigned.
=20

The problem is that at the OS level, $ORACLE_SID stays the same. It = appears
the only way to work with different databases automatically is the use = "Run
SQL Command" or "Run DBA Command". Is this true? Is there some way for = a
ksh script, called via an OEM Job, to know what database its being asked = to
run against, such as some parameter from OEM?

=20

Any help would be appreciated.

=20

Dave

Dave Herring, DBA

Acxiom Corporation

3333 Finley

Downers Grove, IL 60515

wk: 630.944.4762

< <mailto:dherri_at_acxiom.com> mailto:dherri_at_acxiom.com>

=20

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,=20 distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system. Thank You.