Storage options on SolarisX86

From: David Turner <dnt9000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:20:11 -0700 (PDT)

In the shop I work Standard Edition is the rule for most of our database. It's worked well for the most part but there are times where we've had to go to Enterprise, which I didn't complain about.

For the systems that can still run on Standard Edition I've been looking for a way to get them more horsepower. Standard Edition is limited to 4 processors, so the only alternative is to get more mhz. However, I've been told there are limited drivers under Solaris X86 for raid controllers.

Is there anyone out there running serious systems under Solaris X86? Moving to Linux for us is a couple years off. I could have Oracle 10G Standard Edition running on cheaper faster x86 boxes tomorrow if I can resolve this disk issue.

Thx, Dave

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site! http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/