RE: mysql - OT

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:38:32 +0100

Indeed, MySQL 5.0.3 just hit beta instead of alpha, and is probably a couple of months away from GA - and 5.0.x adds triggers, views, functions and procedures among other additions (i.e. a bunch of stuff done on clustering, new SQL functions etc.)..

5.0.3 is a *big* release for MySQL, 5.1 will be even bigger.. I'm putting a lot of work in to MySQL at the moment for our monitoring tools, and I personally don't see many differences (sequences and a few other things maybe) in 5.0.3 to PostgreSQL (having use MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sybase, SQLServer and DB2) - MySQL are certainly catching up! ;)

Mark

Mark Leith
Cool-Tools UK Limited