Re: Oracle Advanced Queue and Java Messaging System(JMS)

From: Martic Zoran <zoran_martic_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 05:54:29 -0700 (PDT)

We do AQ and it is the main part of one big product in my company.
It is working fine, very fast. Faster then the products we integrate with :)

But of course it is mainly because AQ is made around something that is working fine in Oracle for a long time: tables and PL/SQL :)
With addition to object types that may define message types if raw message type is not used.

Did not have the chance to try bulk AQ operations that are available from 10g and making bulk DML into the main table.

The code is mainly in PL/SQL, but also have a lots of C++ code interactions with the queue.
We are using just C OCI, because C OCI is with all functionality from the beggining.
OCCI is pretty new thing and I think OCCI for AQ is available only from 10g, but not so sure.

I will believe in AQ technology, because many other things are built on top of it important to Oracle, like: Streams, Workflow(?), JMS, ...
That is why Oracle needs to improve AQ and improved it a lot with bulk DML, bulk enqueue/dequeue operations from the performance point of view.

Regards,
Zoran

Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we. http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail