Re: Oracle Advanced Queue and Java Messaging System(JMS)

From: Martic Zoran <zoran_martic_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 23:27:39 -0700 (PDT)

My understanding is next:

  1. AQ is built on top of tables and all main API is in PL/SQL. There is the possibility that some low level calls are implemented in C.
  2. You have different API's to do AQ, like PL/SQL, C, Java. I believe at the end both C and Java calling Pl/SQL but not 100 sure :)
  3. Oracle JMS is using Oracle AQ to persist messages or temporary queues when no need to persist them, but again Oracle database AQ

Standard Oracle story beggining and usually finishing with the database :)

At the end AQ queues are nothing then Oracle nice table level implementation of queues where even exception queue messages are in the same original table where only one STATE column telling you is the message processed/exception/arrived/.... Very nice interface with a lots of features I believe all in PL/SQL.

Regards,
Zoran

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site! http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/