Re: anyone use java EJBs?

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 21:57:13 +1000

ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net apparently said,on my timestamp of 6/04/2005 4:23 AM:

> The java guys don't get my transaction control concerns.
> Just curious if anyone here has used them.
> I think session EJBs and message driven EJBs may be useful.
> My concern is with entity beans. I don't see any advantage
> whatsoever with them over data access objects accept that
> 'they are in the J2EE standard' and they have a catchy name.
> They are alot harder to implement, code, and test. The expert
> one on one book from wrox press for java is pretty negative on them also.
> Am I missing something?

Nope. Pretty much covered everything in a nutshell. EJB entity beans are one of the most deranged, stupid, moronic ideas ever, in the history of IT. They represent a regression in good programming practice and data management of around 30 years. Only the "brilliant" minds who thought out EJBs could have come up with something as awful as them. Says a lot for the quality of the rest of the implementation, really...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto