RE: Very Simply KSH Question

From: Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 14:43:54 -0500

actually I found a better way playing around

IFS=3D"|"
read X Y Z < file_name

The file contains a list of records in which the "|" deliminates the various fields. So your method would not be best in this case. I also need to grep a particular record, for my purposes I will just put that in a temp file and use that. This is better than multiple lines of code which all grep the same line from the file and just awk a different field.

think the OS might be linux and that is the issue =20