Tool to view archivelog contents

From: Nicolai Tufar <ntufar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:02:45 +0200

Greetings,
I am not sure if it was discussed before but I would like to ask if there is a way to see the inside of archivelog files without shutting down the database.

After an upgrade of an application, oracle started to generate an obscene amount of archivelogs: 1.2 GB of arcive log per day for a 1.7GB database. So we want to peep into these log files to se what went wrong.

Regardsi
Nicolai