Re: Microsoft Windows, will rule in the next 8 years in the market

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:46:54 +0000

On 01/29/2005 04:03:39 PM, Jared Still wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:49:29 +0000, Niall Litchfield
> <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:04:44 -0500, Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com> wro=
te:
> >=20
> > Desktops are a different story.
> >=20

>=20
> Amen to that. Linux has a long road ahead before becoming a viable deskt=
op.
>=20
> As a desktop, windows works out of the box, Linux doesn't.

As for windows domination, I have only one thing to say:

Four score and seven years ago Linus Torvalds has brought forth a new opera= ting system,
conceived on university campus and dedicated to the proposition that free s= oftware is
a good thing. Now our island of open source software that is under attack.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the = seas=20
and the oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength=  in the air,=20
we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the=  beaches, we
shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the=  streets, we=20
shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

--=20
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA