Re: Re[2]: Oracle Client for the Linux

From: Ron Thomas <RThomas_at_hypercom.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:05:04 -0700

Off the top of my head depending on needs-

kwrite, vim, emacs, oem, tora, datastudio

Thanks,
Ron.

"To really screw up Linux you have to work at it...To really screw up Windows, you have to work ON it."

"The software said to install Windows 98 or better... So I installed linux."
"Windows - How do you want to be exploited today?"
"Friends don't let friends use IE"

             kamusis_at_gmail.com

             01/27/05 10:58 AM                                                                   To
                                                 RThomas_at_hypercom.com
                                                                                                 cc
                                                 stephenbooth.uk_at_gmail.com,
                                                 Nagarajan.Subbiah_at_aetn.com, oracle-l_at_freelists.org
                                                                                            Subject
                                                 Re[2]: Oracle Client for the Linux

And also i'm wonder if I can find a GUI oracle client in Linux box such as PL/SQL Developer on windows platform?

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:35:46 -0700
Ron Thomas <RThomas_at_hypercom.com> wrote:

> Also look at Instant Client on Technet. I've used this successfully on SuSE 9.1 and 9.2.
Depending
> on your needs, it may work for you as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Ron.
>
> "To really screw up Linux you have to work at it...To really screw up Windows, you have to work ON
> it."
> "The software said to install Windows 98 or better... So I installed linux."
> "Windows - How do you want to be exploited today?"
> "Friends don't let friends use IE"
>

> stephenbooth.uk_at_gmail.com

> Sent by:

> oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.o
> rg Nagarajan.Subbiah_at_aetn.com

cc
> oracle-l_at_freelists.org

> 01/27/05 10:28 AM

Subject
> Re: Oracle Client for the Linux

> Please respond to

> stephenbooth.uk_at_gmail.com

> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:18:18 -0500, Subbiah, Nagarajan
> <Nagarajan.Subbiah_at_aetn.com> wrote:
> > I am looking for the Oracle client for Linux. Can any one point to the URL
> > from where I can download the client?
>
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/index.html
>
> Click on the appropriate link (i.e. which Linux), agree to the license
> and download the client install file.
>
> Bear in mind that Oracle is only certified against certain versions of
> Linux. I'm told that you can get it to work with others, I think
> someone posted the instructions here recently, but I haven't tried it
> in a while and it is a kludge which Oracle support might not support.
>
> Stephen
>
> --
> It's better to ask a silly question than to make a silly assumption.

Kamus <kamusis_at_gmail.com>

A Oracle8i & 9i Certified DBA from China