Rollback segments not shrinking

From: Terry Sutton <terrysutton_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:01:08 -0800

We installed the 9.2.0.6 patch on a Linux server on Jan 5 (the client was at 9.2.0.4). Since that time, the allocated space for undo segments has grown alarmingly. The allocated space used to range ~20-40MB. In the 24 hours after the patch was installed, the allocated space grew to ~2GB, and since has ranged from 2.7GB to 4.1GB. I'm not certain that there have been no changes in application behavior (trying to run that down now), but I wonder if Oracle is just not shrinking the rollback segments the way it used to. I'm not aware of any enormous transactions and undo_retention is 10800. I couldn't find anything in a quick search of Metalink, but I wonder if anyone else has seen such behavior in 9.2.0.6.

--Terry

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Jan 24 2005 - 12:08:41 CST