ANSI Joins

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:45:03 -0500

My developers are starting to use ANSI joins in vain hope that they will make their apps portable
across databases. I have a positive attitude toward ANSI joins: I hate those verbose extensions
that make SQL statements lengthy and unreadable. What is the opinion of other people about ANSI joins?
What is the @#$%! allure of those things? Where did they learn it from? Is there any readable document
that explains ANSI joins for dummies?

--

Mladen Gogala