Re: Sorbanes Oxley for dummies?

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:27:26 -0500

Michael,

Arup Nanda wrote a book covering HIPAA, covering auditing, FGA, VPD. Arup wrote a series of papers for OTN, here's one: http://www.oracle.com/technology/oramag/webcolumns/2003/techarticles/nanda_fga.html

Sarb-Ox is so open to interpretation and implementation, that its best to check with your auditors as far as what policies they see as appropriate and how to implement them.

audit_trail=true and "audit session" would be a great start, but sometimes you're better off doing nothing than a piecemeal and incomplete effort.

Paul