Datafiles accross multiple disk

From: Bryan Wells <bunjibry_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:19:10 -0700

All,

Newbie here again.

We are running a DW on 9.2.0.5 on w2k Advanced Server. im trying to manage disk space on our currrent server. We were down to 5GB of disk available on the e:\ drive as of last weekend when i moved index datafiles/tablespaces to the external f:\ array. would this cause a perfomance hit? is there a better best practice to have datafiles accross disk? Im sure there is since im continually learning. Also, im still trying to find the disk speed between the array and the server.

Bryan S Wells - DBA Newbie
bunjibry_at_gmail.com