Re: Alert Log file.

From: Jaffar_DBA <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:19:30 +0300

vinod,

check your bdump file location in the init parameter file. why dont you do the following.

from sql prompt, try the following as dba user

exec dbms_system.ksdwrt(2,'test writing in alert log');

if you dont see anything written in your alert log, try to rename your existing alert log fiel and do the same command and check in your bdump whether a new alter log file created or not.

Jaffar

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:52:30 +0300, Vinod Gopinath BMMI IS <vinodg_at_bmmi.com.bh> wrote:
> Group.
> Oracle 8.2 on Win2K
> There is no entry happening on alert log file for past 2 days. This is
> an retial system, so lot of transaction happenes daily. There is enough
> space in the disk.
> My worry is that all of a sudden the system shouldn't stop and throw
> some vague error.
> Can some one help me on as to why there is no entry is alert log file. I
> even bounced the db once still no luck.
> Rd/s
> Vinod.

Best Regards,