Re: Solaris patches needed for patchset 9.2.0.6 ??

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:07:25 -0500

Daniel,
If you're on Solaris 8 and you plan to use DISM features w/ 9.2.0.x, you'd better be ready to apply significant patches. (When I laid it out, my sysadmin seemed to think moving to Solaris 9 was easier....) If you don't plan to set sga_max_size, you won't be bitten by the DISM bug, but, there my be other features that need other patches applied to work correctly. My recommendation, go to Solaris 9 before you go to Oracle 9iR2.

-Mark

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 13:55, Hubler, Daniel wrote:

> We are preparing for our upgrade from v8.1.7.2 to v9.2.0.x on
> Solaris 8.
> We have successfully installed (and migrated) the database on a test
> machine
> from v8.1.7.2 to v9.2.0.1.
>
> We are now attempting to install patchset 9.2.0.6.
> As soon as we launch the installer, messages are returned to the
> command line telling us that a bunch of Solaris patches are missing.
>
> Did not expect to see that.
>
> I do not recall seeing anything during the install or upgrade to
> v9.2.0.1 about
> additional patches required.
>
> We are at Solaris 8 and kernel patch 108528-29.
>
> Anybody seen this before or know what is going on?
>
> Thanks.

Mark J. Bobak
mark_at_bobak.net
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts."  --Richard P.
Feynman