SV: Need SQL to connect remotely

From: Jesper Haure Norrevang <jhn.aida_at_cbs.dk>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:20:56 +0100

Doris,

I have never claimed, that I am an expert, but I will try to answer anyway.

What you need is a DATABASE LINK. The idea is that you with some restrictions can reference a remote table, e.g. test_at_AUDV, just as if it were a local table.

I have made a quick and dirty test:

On remote database

drop table test;

create table test