Re: B-Tree to Partitioned index

From: Vladimir Begun <Vladimir.Begun_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 19:11:27 -0800

One possible improvement:

CREATE INDEX employees_local_idx ON employees (employee_id, SUBSTR(CAST(NULL AS VARCHAR2(1)), 1, 1)) LOCAL UNUSABLE /

This would allow the index to remain slim for ONLINE rebuild: fake column is everytime NULL and it's datatype is VARCHAR2(1) I believe, it's enough for ONLINE rebuild.

--
Vladimir Begun
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and