RE: datafile corruption??

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:52:47 -0400

Guys,

redolog errors appeared in alert.log and lgwr trace with "STALE" but = "CURRENT" redo log group. I did an alter system switch logfile which = switch to a different online log and since there is a checkpoint then = maybe things aren't so bad.

However, there is a dbwr trace with the following:

KCF: write/open error block=3D0x7d94 online=3D1

     file=3D14 /u04/CSTAT/cstat_bidx01.dbf
     error=3D27063 txt: 'SVR4 Error: 5: I/O error
Additional information: -1
Additional information: 4096'
Automatic datafile offline due to write error on file 14: /u04/CSTAT/cstat_bidx01.dbf

Looks like a datafile (ndx) went offline due to I/O error. However, is = this a corruption error or something else? Also, what is the quickest = way to check the status on my other files - it has been a long time.

Thanks,
Paula